Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanks.

Thanks to Chocolate Editions for today's graph. MMmm dark chocolate.

We had a great Thanksgiving with LOTs and lots of family. Tuesday was the "biggest storm in decades" according to the news and a normal Blizzard to the rest of us. Also, Provo ended up not getting ANY snow at all. And after picking up Jody, we had a delicious Bean Thanksgiving dinner prepared by Jamie and Tyler. Then Wednesday we spent the night in Bountiful to prepare for our 5K! Oh wow, was I bad at that. But we finished, and I am finally no longer sore 4 days later. After our run in 6 degree weather on Thanksgiving morning, we rested, showered, played with the babies, and then ate dinner with my mom's side of the family. 33 people! (ish) I made the name cards (with Jamie's help), and someday I will find a picture of them to put on here.

Friday was shopping with my sister-in-law and my mother-in-law, and I think I finally solved the mystery of how to get enough presents for Andrew's birthday AND Christmas. (I probably have too many, but he deserves it.) Everyone else went skiing, had a great time, and came home in one piece. Andrew swears he broke his leg, but he didn't.

Saturday and Sunday were a blur, and I started to get congested from the weather change and the people and the INTERACTION with others! (HELLO, I work alone and only see my husband, my poor immune system is the size of baby Avery's.) Sunday afternoon, we bid adieu to the Bean clan, came home, and took a much needed nap. Today we're back to the routine, and we're already missing everyone. Luckily, Chrissy and the babies came by to entertain us one more time before they head back east.

So, our first Thanksgiving together was great and wonderful and exhausting. Glad I felt like documenting it. That doesn't usually happen.

Now the countdown to Christmas begins! And don't worry, I already decorated. A teeny bit early, so Andrew just watched and laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment