Friday, April 15, 2011
Me: Why am I so sick?
Doctor: Scarlett Fever?
Me: Why am I so sick?
Husband: Hmm...what? I'll get you some water.
Very similar situation this week when I saw the doc again for a check-up before we move. Maybe I need a doctor that doesn't support my personal feelings that I have every illness I've ever heard of.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
You know it's true. Just take a look at the list of blogs you follow.
Last week of work. I am pretty excited (understatement). Two weeks + 1 day until we leave.
We'll be living in this Boutique Hotel for the next four months. It's so much nicer than I expected! I'm relieved to have a place to come home to that is clean, air conditioned, and clean. And clean. In the midst of everything I don't know about, it's nice to know about where we'll be living! It's amazing how even my basic expectations of how life is lived have been thrown out the window because I don't have ANY IDEA what to expect! I hear "road" and I think dirt path. I hear "city" and I think ten huts and a shop. I hear "jungle" and I think jungle. We'll just have to see what life is actually like.
Thursday, April 7, 2011
"JAMIE! JAMIE! We're only supposed to be OVER HERE!" [Andrew yanks on our duvet and suddenly I only have access to the sheet to stay warm.]
Oh boy, so loud. And scary. (Jamie is Andrew's sister, btw.) I had to walk around the house to calm down! This morning he remembered yanking the covers and apologized, but he didn't remember yelling at Jamie.
This is only the second sleep-talking incident that involved yelling, so I've been fortunate. (The first one he yelled at ME!)
21 days to go!
Friday, April 1, 2011
Here's what's on my mind today:
1. We're moving REALLY soon. I wonder what I'll graph about from Thailand. Probably how cheap stuff is, how warm stuff is, how pretty stuff is, etc. No stress.
2. We're moving REALLY REALLY soon. I hope I can get everything done that I want to before I go. I got a lot done a few weeks ago, but my motivation has gone down as my nervousness/stress has gone up. High stress.
3. I wonder if I will ever like skiing. No stress.
4. LeAnn is home AND she's in Provo! Lunch today was great--Ric fed us and we all got to catch up. Negative stress.
5. Au Naturale closed for good. This restaurant has become a nationwide sensation, and they are closing because of bad business?!? (Ok ok, just all the Warner girls across the nation salivate over yam and black bean wraps and healthy sweet potato fries.) High stress.
Overall, I have some stressful thoughts, but life ain't so bad. Andrew is skiing today with his dad, and tonight we have a mission reunion. So today ain't so bad for him either!
27 days and counting . . .