So right after my last post, I lost my job. In fact, the whole company went under. It was a medium shock--I kind of knew it could happen, but I didn't think it WOULD happen. It was rough, but we've handled it OK I think.
In fact, we got to have summer break together one last time!
- We went to Tennessee, Idaho, and Arches National Park before Andrew started law school.
- We had shave ice once a week.
- We watched all 5 seasons of Friday Night Lights.
- We got frozen yogurt a bunch.
- We went to the Demolition Derby in Fairview.
- My parents and sister came to visit.
- His mom came to visit.
- Avery came to visit (and her parents, of course).
- We refinished our cabinets.
- We re-carpeted our deck.
It turned out to be a great time. But when you're looking for work, you always have a nagging feeling at the back of your mind, reminding you that if you don't put in the work today, you're DEFINITELY not gonna get the job you need tomorrow. And on the other hand, when you're having so much fun, you worry you WILL get the job you need tomorrow, and the fun will end, just like that.
Well, as it turned out, Andrew started school on the 15th of August, and I started my new job on the 23rd, just a week later. Pretty perfect timing. I'm now the Print and Magazine Supervisor at BYU Broadcasting. I love it. I'm so happy to be working with print publications again. I enjoy the web, but there's something so great about holding your work in your hands when you've finished it.
No graph this time. Some coming soon. And another Andrewism. Stay tuned! (That's the kind of lingo you use in the TV industry, if you didn't know.)